Tips & Tricks for your Homebuilding JourneyJuly 30th, 2019 | by Brittany Bandy | Posted in Uncategorized
Creating a home is more than building 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Creating a new home is a journey of discovering who you are, what you want, how you want to live and where you want to be. The best way to achieve the finished home of your dreams is to plan, plan, and plan some more then sprinkle in a little patience.
Here are a few more tried and true steps to consider when approaching a new home build.
1. Set goals. Creating a new home for yourself is all about setting goals and taking the steps to achieve those goals. How do you know your goals? Ask yourself a few questions.
• What do you want to
• Where do you want to be?
• What will this cost?
• Can it really be achieved?
• Does plan A make sense?
• What’s plan B?
2. Establish a budget. When making your budget, of course you’ll begin with what you can afford, and how the cost of your house fits in with your overall plans for the future. When you’re ready to get down to details, include everything that will go into the project.
3. Find some land Where do you want to be? How do you want to live? What are you looking for?
4. Assemble a team. A builder is going to be your most important team members. These people will act as a guide, therapist, advocate, and counselor throughout the journey that creating your home is.
5. Plan Know the importance of planning the project in detail before starting to build. Moving walls on paper is a whole lot cheaper than moving walls after they’re built. So plan. Draw it out. Then sit with it a bit to be sure you’ve made the plan that meets your needs.
6. Sprinkle yourself with patience. Simply said, stuff happens. That’s a given. How you and your team react to these hiccups will be important. Our advice is to stay calm, keep your sense of humor and work with your team to address the issue. This is where having the right team in place can pay dividends.